The Club is on land originally owned by H.P (Percy) Brazier on which were tennis courts. Percy was a major benefactor to the town of Worthing. He was also an accomplished Sportsman in six different sports as well as Bowls and converted the tennis courts (click HERE for photographs) into two magnificent “Cumberland Turf” greens in 1947. These were open for play on 1st.May 1948 but were officially opened on 4th May 1949 when a match was played against a rink from each of six Associations. They were the EBA, Sussex County B.A.,London and Southern Counties B.A.,Dennyside B.A., Banks B.A. and Worthing Town Council. Percy represented Sussex on many occasions and played for England on no less than twenty occasions

The 1968 "Denny Cup" team & supporters setting off to Croydon for the final where Pavilion ost to Paddington 32-42
THe Old club house in 1951
The fire that destroyed theclub house and indoor rinks in 1966
Rinks 1 to3 built 1962 burnt down 1966 and rebuilt 1967
Rinks 4 to 6 built in 1997
Close Menu